Applying for German Resident Permit from UK for Spouse and Child

Latest Questions Forums Munich Applying for German Resident Permit from UK for Spouse and Child

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  friend 2 years, 9 months ago.

  • Author
  • #18984

    Vivek Malhotra

    Just wanted to know if anybody has moved from UK To Germany. Actually I am working in UK and a UK Resident since last 4 years and holding Indian Passport. I am working on Tier-2 ICT Visa in UK, which means my current visa is tied to my current employer.

    Recently I gave a job interview for a company in Munich and they have given me job offer. Now I am in the process of applying resident permit for myself and my spouse and baby.

    When I called German Embassy in London, they said that I can apply for resident permit for myself if I have the contract from German Employer

    However the process they mentioned for Wife is bit complicated. They said it will take unto 5 months for the wife resident permit.

    Now the issue is that if I resign from my current employer, I have 2 months notice period after which my employer will cancel my current visa and I need to come out of UK. However the German Embassy is saying that if my wife applies for German Resident Permit from UK she can’t leave UK till the process is completed.

    This is really tuff situation and they are asking us to apply dependent visa from India. Has anybody encountered this situation earlier? Any help will be much appreciated.

    Vivek Malhotra
    +44 7596 880793

  • #18985



    your Munich employer can help in your situation. Please check below link for visa details and you can query directly to them and explain your situation..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.